Skip to main content

Once again, Penang.

Months ago, I suggested to go for a class trip in Penang.
And then, we really started to plan this and that. Eveything started to get frustrating even from the beginning. We spent nights looking for nice and affordable place to stay, places to eat, where to visit, etc.

There were many conflicts during the planning. Had tough time changing the date again and again, writing letter to the principal, waiting for the approval, dealing with the adults, begging the others for help...

But till the end, we finally made it to Penang.

The first day was terrible, thanks to the clerks we lost the approval letter at the very last minute. Museums being cancelled because we're off scheduled. Google map mislead us. Teachers were frustrated.

Well luckily at night, we got to spend our time at Gurney Drive.


Our bad luck didn't end. On the next day, air-con of the bus was broken down, bus driver went to Butterworth to repair it. We little fellas went to Escape Theme Park by Rapid Penang.

Escape is a great place to cure technology addict indeed. I actually felt sorry at first because some of my friends were scared. It's like.. did I bring them to the wrong place? Haha well I did have fun in the theme park. It's like going for an adventure!


And after that, our bad luck stroke in.

It rained. We didn't make it to the beach. Bus driver was lost. We were waiting at the bus stop. Everyone got frustrated but still I tried my best to talk nicely to the driver. We didn't make it to Batu Feringghi Night Market either. (which made me kinda sad.. I love that place a lot.)

Well at least I had apple cider on the last night in Penang which made me feel satisfied (finally).

Oh yeah I forgot to mention about our accommodation - Ryokan Chic Hotel! It is by far the best place I had ever stayed besides my house. The chillax corner with the beam bags is so comfortable. I would like to sleep there if I am allowed to hahaha!

We went to Penang Hill on the last day which made the trip meaningful. Had fun taking photos with the gang. I'm so glad that everyone seems to enjoy it!







Another disappointment is we missed the war museum thanks to teachers who are really tired. (Sarcasm, you get?)

Throughout the trip, I learned a lot.
What should you do when you are going for a trip, how to deal with the adults, how to ensure that the schedule goes smoothly, how is it like taking care of what different individual feels..
Honestly it was really really tiring. I didn't really relax until the next day I woke up in my home sweet home.

I really hope every single one of you who joined enjoyed the trip. :)

That's all for now.


I really miss Penang at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a Form 6 Student / STPM Candidate

Update @ 27/3/19:  Since Google+ comment has been turned down, I've posted another post, Should You Go for Form 6/STPM here . Feel free to ask or comment. More than glad to help! Back in 2016, I joined Form 6 without second thoughts because I didn't want to limit my options for the future (which is why I turned down a 100% scholarship for foundation in Xiamen University Malaysia) I didn't want to pay for A-Levels (I could only get partial scholarships) I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and I didn't want to choose a diploma yet I swear to God, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was a straight A's student in SPM 2015 and yet I find STPM extremely challenging. If I say I worked 100% hard for my SPM, I definitely worked at least 800% harder for STPM. Like my friend once said, you won't know if you are really good in academics until you've come to STPM. 10A's in SPM is really nothing compared to 4.0 in STPM.  I took Pengajian

Life In The U.S.A. #8 - Close to The End

Counting down 9 days till I leave Vegas... Yes, I'm excited to go home and meet my beloved family and friends, but I'm really sad to leave my wonderful host family and my amazing friends. I still remember how I felt during my flight. I was nervous but super excited that meet my host family. I was thinking how should I call them and what I can say if things get awkward. And yay I arrived. I remember the first thing I saw when I arrived at the McCarran International Airport - slot machines. Dang. It's Vegas being Vegas. *laugh* (And guess what? There are slot machines in the pharmacies too! No idea why but it doesn't matter. It's Vegas. That explains it all.) I remember my host mum was looking smoking hot at the airport :P And we went to... (Let's just skip it. I swear I can tell you every single detail that happened on my first day here but I don't know how long I will take to finish it.) My exchange journey had been amazing. It's full of ups and do

Feminism

Back in the days where I was a total mess after a bad breakup, I worked hard to put up my brave front, shed no tears and face everyday with an aggressive attitude. I tried so hard just to tell myself that I'm fine being on my own and I do not need anybody else to complete my life. And I was called a feminist, not really in a good way. I felt truly insulted. I don't know, but it feels like feminist is somebody who is not lovable nor approachable. It feels like a feminist is equivalent of being alone and meant to be a virgin for the rest of her life. It took me years to realize that feminism is not that bad after all. In fact, it is something I should be proud of. I'm not going to talk in depth about the first and second waves of feminism in the history. I'm just going to talk about feminism in the present, where many people would assume that "it's just a bunch of females getting butthurt over some random shit". Recently, my class had been told som