Skip to main content

Thank you, 2015.

2015 had been a long tiring yet exciting year to me.

I was very stressed since months ago. This stress is killing me deep inside, but I'm glad that I am mentally strong enough to deal with it and manage to get through this year. *raise my right hand and pat on my left shoulder* Well done, EnQi, well done.

Making a quick review throughout 2015 :-

- Paid a lot of attention for Chinese Society and carried out a lot of activities with my amazing team. I don't know how do the other people think of the society this year, but for me, overall, I'm really satisfied and thankful for everything Chinese Society has taught me.
- Helped out for the Chinese Cultural Camp. It was really stressful, but after the camp ended, oh gosh, I felt so relieved. Met a lot of amazing people and worked hard together to make this camp successful. Special thanks to JiaHao and JiaHui for everything.
- Joined District Level Chinese Public Speaking Competition for the very first time in my secondary school life. Can't believe that I got the first place and got into the state level competition. Although I did not receive any award in the state level, I'm blessed enough to join the competition and meet other extremely talented contestants.
- Joined a lot of activities: Sunway Maths and Logic Challenge both state level and national level, Taylor's Accounting Quiz, Taylor's One Day In Campus, etc. 'If you're the best one in the room, you're in the wrong room.' Getting involved with the activities outside of school can really broaden your horizons. You'll learn that there is a huge room of improvement for you, and you would dare not to think that you're the best one in the society.
- Applied for KL-YES scholarship to the United States as an exchange student. It was indeed a great big step to me. I still remember the days where I was sleepless and nervous, preparing for the first state level interview. And then, out of my expectations, I was selected to go for the selection camp and for the second interview. I never thought I would make it to this far where I am getting ready to become a young ambassador. It was a dream that I would never dare to expect it to come true. Now, it's a dream that is getting real. I am absolutely grateful for this golden opportunity. Also, I'm really thankful for everyone who supported me along the path, especially my family.
- Took my driving test 5 days before SPM. I WAS SO DESPERATE TO DRIVE HAHAHA. But then, when I have that $ to spend, when I have my driving license, when I have car to drive, I don't have any places I want to go. Lol.
- DONE WITH SPM. TIME TO FLY AND RELAX.
- Helped a little during prom. Well done committees, you guys did a great job!

Heartwarming little things :-

- Received a parcel from my Italian friend, Alessandra. Thank you so much for the gift! I miss you tons. :(
- Received a postcard from my local coordinator in United States. Can't wait to meet her!
- Contact with my host family and exchange students in U.S. I'm a bit nervous to meet them in real life, but also I'm really excited.
- Treated by friend. Hahahaha.
- Tried delicious food that I've never tried before.
- Time spent with my family is as heartwarming as always.

i look ugly but i really love this picture

Thank you 2015 for being such a busy and tiring year to me. I learnt a lot and I'm thankful for that, but I'm still glad that it's almost over. Hahahahaha.


Embracing 2016 soon, with excitement and hope.

; sometimes i feel lonely and hurt and helpless but s'okay i'm sure there are people who will always love me no matter what. //

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a Form 6 Student / STPM Candidate

Update @ 27/3/19:  Since Google+ comment has been turned down, I've posted another post, Should You Go for Form 6/STPM here . Feel free to ask or comment. More than glad to help! Back in 2016, I joined Form 6 without second thoughts because I didn't want to limit my options for the future (which is why I turned down a 100% scholarship for foundation in Xiamen University Malaysia) I didn't want to pay for A-Levels (I could only get partial scholarships) I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and I didn't want to choose a diploma yet I swear to God, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was a straight A's student in SPM 2015 and yet I find STPM extremely challenging. If I say I worked 100% hard for my SPM, I definitely worked at least 800% harder for STPM. Like my friend once said, you won't know if you are really good in academics until you've come to STPM. 10A's in SPM is really nothing compared to 4.0 in STPM.  I took Pengajian

Life In The U.S.A. #8 - Close to The End

Counting down 9 days till I leave Vegas... Yes, I'm excited to go home and meet my beloved family and friends, but I'm really sad to leave my wonderful host family and my amazing friends. I still remember how I felt during my flight. I was nervous but super excited that meet my host family. I was thinking how should I call them and what I can say if things get awkward. And yay I arrived. I remember the first thing I saw when I arrived at the McCarran International Airport - slot machines. Dang. It's Vegas being Vegas. *laugh* (And guess what? There are slot machines in the pharmacies too! No idea why but it doesn't matter. It's Vegas. That explains it all.) I remember my host mum was looking smoking hot at the airport :P And we went to... (Let's just skip it. I swear I can tell you every single detail that happened on my first day here but I don't know how long I will take to finish it.) My exchange journey had been amazing. It's full of ups and do

Feminism

Back in the days where I was a total mess after a bad breakup, I worked hard to put up my brave front, shed no tears and face everyday with an aggressive attitude. I tried so hard just to tell myself that I'm fine being on my own and I do not need anybody else to complete my life. And I was called a feminist, not really in a good way. I felt truly insulted. I don't know, but it feels like feminist is somebody who is not lovable nor approachable. It feels like a feminist is equivalent of being alone and meant to be a virgin for the rest of her life. It took me years to realize that feminism is not that bad after all. In fact, it is something I should be proud of. I'm not going to talk in depth about the first and second waves of feminism in the history. I'm just going to talk about feminism in the present, where many people would assume that "it's just a bunch of females getting butthurt over some random shit". Recently, my class had been told som