Skip to main content

Life In The U.S.A. #3

I'm sorry I didn't update my blog as much as I thought I would.

Basically, everything is getting better for me. I love going to school. I made friends. I find the teachers amazing. I enjoyed the classes. I joined Key Club. It's kinda sad that I am only here for the 2nd semester. I wish I can study in the school for years.

I volunteer in church every Sunday. I am starting my volunteerism in the library tomorrow too. I am still looking up places to volunteer (because I am kinda free after school) and yay feeling so productive.

To be honest I have a lot more to tell but I am just lazy to write an essay now. Good bye.

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a Form 6 Student / STPM Candidate

Update @ 27/3/19:  Since Google+ comment has been turned down, I've posted another post, Should You Go for Form 6/STPM here . Feel free to ask or comment. More than glad to help! Back in 2016, I joined Form 6 without second thoughts because I didn't want to limit my options for the future (which is why I turned down a 100% scholarship for foundation in Xiamen University Malaysia) I didn't want to pay for A-Levels (I could only get partial scholarships) I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and I didn't want to choose a diploma yet I swear to God, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was a straight A's student in SPM 2015 and yet I find STPM extremely challenging. If I say I worked 100% hard for my SPM, I definitely worked at least 800% harder for STPM. Like my friend once said, you won't know if you are really good in academics until you've come to STPM. 10A's in SPM is really nothing compared to 4.0 in STPM.  I took Pengajian

Life In The U.S.A. #8 - Close to The End

Counting down 9 days till I leave Vegas... Yes, I'm excited to go home and meet my beloved family and friends, but I'm really sad to leave my wonderful host family and my amazing friends. I still remember how I felt during my flight. I was nervous but super excited that meet my host family. I was thinking how should I call them and what I can say if things get awkward. And yay I arrived. I remember the first thing I saw when I arrived at the McCarran International Airport - slot machines. Dang. It's Vegas being Vegas. *laugh* (And guess what? There are slot machines in the pharmacies too! No idea why but it doesn't matter. It's Vegas. That explains it all.) I remember my host mum was looking smoking hot at the airport :P And we went to... (Let's just skip it. I swear I can tell you every single detail that happened on my first day here but I don't know how long I will take to finish it.) My exchange journey had been amazing. It's full of ups and do

Feminism

Back in the days where I was a total mess after a bad breakup, I worked hard to put up my brave front, shed no tears and face everyday with an aggressive attitude. I tried so hard just to tell myself that I'm fine being on my own and I do not need anybody else to complete my life. And I was called a feminist, not really in a good way. I felt truly insulted. I don't know, but it feels like feminist is somebody who is not lovable nor approachable. It feels like a feminist is equivalent of being alone and meant to be a virgin for the rest of her life. It took me years to realize that feminism is not that bad after all. In fact, it is something I should be proud of. I'm not going to talk in depth about the first and second waves of feminism in the history. I'm just going to talk about feminism in the present, where many people would assume that "it's just a bunch of females getting butthurt over some random shit". Recently, my class had been told som