Skip to main content

California, don't stop the party #2

Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park

This place is claimed to be the first amusement park in America. I had tons of fun with my host family and Lizzy and Isabella here!
I'm so proud of myself for going on the Silver Bullet ride. I was so excited when I was in line, but I was like 'GEEZ GET ME OUT OF THIS PLACE' the moment I had my seat belt buckled. And then I screamed on top of my lungs thinking that I was going to die.

Oh and by the way, I love the boysenberry sauce here! It's so dang good. I had fried alligator bites (I know that sounds so weird) but it tastes so good! Kind of like a combination of chicken and shrimp. Dipped in boysenberry sauce. Yummmm! So. Good.








Here's a short video of the Silver Bullet ride from other user on Youtube:


It was tons of fun!!

Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal City

I'm really lucky because The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was opened to the public back in April 2016. Like the timing is so dang right I cry.

This. Place. Is. Definitely. A. Dream-Come-True. I cried that night because the feeling was too overwhelming. I'VE BEEN DREAMING OF THIS DAY SINCE 5 YEARS AGO WHERE I STARTED WATCHING HARRY POTTER. Thank you so much to the Pramshafers!!



Here's a video of us running to be the first in line! Hah.



Who's ready to meet Dumbledore?!







Buttered beer tastes so good!

w/ my American mom!


and my American sis!

Another studio tour!




Lastly, I present to you,

Disneyland, Anaheim

It was grad nite. Basically there's like two parts in Disneyland, one which is Disneyland, and the other is California Adventure. After 10pm, the park will be closed but high school seniors (or middle schools 8th graders lol) get a chance to stay at Disney's California Adventure until 2am with the grad nite special tix.

(Once again, thanks to my host family for giving me a chance to join the trip and also my parents for approving it! :P)






not-so-dab dab


I LOST THIS BRACELET :(


So ayyy here's a video of part of the Disney Parade before the park closes! There's another video here, check it out on my Facebook!




The Hollywood Tower! This ride gave me the ultimate panic attack. I thought I was going to die for real. I was literally shaking and trembling with tears in my eyes when I got out from the 'escalator'. Dropping from 10th floor is no joke.
p/s: It's permanently closed now, so glad that I went on it even though I would never go for the second time.

w/ da girlz
There were raving sessions for grad nite. Kid me or not, somebody got so high he started throwing dollar bills. (but I'm too short to get it. Ugh)



The night ended with a musical fountain show!



I apologize for the bad quality of these photos. But that's all I've got and I think the stories behind them are what truly matter. Anyway, I have tons of stories to tell. I'll write about Zion National Park in my next post. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a Form 6 Student / STPM Candidate

Update @ 27/3/19:  Since Google+ comment has been turned down, I've posted another post, Should You Go for Form 6/STPM here . Feel free to ask or comment. More than glad to help! Back in 2016, I joined Form 6 without second thoughts because I didn't want to limit my options for the future (which is why I turned down a 100% scholarship for foundation in Xiamen University Malaysia) I didn't want to pay for A-Levels (I could only get partial scholarships) I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and I didn't want to choose a diploma yet I swear to God, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was a straight A's student in SPM 2015 and yet I find STPM extremely challenging. If I say I worked 100% hard for my SPM, I definitely worked at least 800% harder for STPM. Like my friend once said, you won't know if you are really good in academics until you've come to STPM. 10A's in SPM is really nothing compared to 4.0 in STPM.  I took Pengajian

Life In The U.S.A. #8 - Close to The End

Counting down 9 days till I leave Vegas... Yes, I'm excited to go home and meet my beloved family and friends, but I'm really sad to leave my wonderful host family and my amazing friends. I still remember how I felt during my flight. I was nervous but super excited that meet my host family. I was thinking how should I call them and what I can say if things get awkward. And yay I arrived. I remember the first thing I saw when I arrived at the McCarran International Airport - slot machines. Dang. It's Vegas being Vegas. *laugh* (And guess what? There are slot machines in the pharmacies too! No idea why but it doesn't matter. It's Vegas. That explains it all.) I remember my host mum was looking smoking hot at the airport :P And we went to... (Let's just skip it. I swear I can tell you every single detail that happened on my first day here but I don't know how long I will take to finish it.) My exchange journey had been amazing. It's full of ups and do

Feminism

Back in the days where I was a total mess after a bad breakup, I worked hard to put up my brave front, shed no tears and face everyday with an aggressive attitude. I tried so hard just to tell myself that I'm fine being on my own and I do not need anybody else to complete my life. And I was called a feminist, not really in a good way. I felt truly insulted. I don't know, but it feels like feminist is somebody who is not lovable nor approachable. It feels like a feminist is equivalent of being alone and meant to be a virgin for the rest of her life. It took me years to realize that feminism is not that bad after all. In fact, it is something I should be proud of. I'm not going to talk in depth about the first and second waves of feminism in the history. I'm just going to talk about feminism in the present, where many people would assume that "it's just a bunch of females getting butthurt over some random shit". Recently, my class had been told som